Monday 2 July 2012

Clinique Chubby Sticks.






Hey Lovelies!
The other week I purchased a chubby stick, as did my mum, in Boots on a complete whim. As I said in my Haul video we were tempted into purchasing one each to get the free pouch, which I have no need for!

I chose the shade 05 Chunky Cherry and my mum chose 07 Super Strawberry. Chunky Cherry is more of a hot pink where Super Strawberry is more of a natural pink but is still quite bright.
On the Clinique website chubby sticks are described as follows…

“Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm is a lip treatment with sheer colour that relieves dry, cracked lips and provides immediate moisturisation. The unique pencil-style applicator provides easy to apply sheer soft lip colour and rolls up for ease of use.”

In all honesty, this product is a luxury glorified tinted lip balm! It does kind of provide moisture however it also wears away easily so I feel like I have to constantly reapply, but I tend to do this habitually with any lip product!

The colour pay-off on the lips isn’t very strong but I didn’t expect it to be, with it being a balm.

I think the best thing about the chubby sticks is the pencil-like applicator, it means when applying it on the go, you don’t have to use your fingers, which I personally don’t like having to do, especially on public transport, the germaphobe that I am! Also it means more precision in the cupids bow.

The stick does twist up, so you do have more product in there, but I really don’t think it’s worth £16. It isn’t the worst lip product I’ve ever bought, but it’s not the best, and I won’t be repurchasing it, I think it will just be one that I chuck in my bag to use on the go!

Have any of you tried the Chubby Sticks yet?

Love Keeks xo


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KeeksReid. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig