Monday 7 May 2012

Stila Virgin





Lol. Call me a nerd, but I’m quite proud of that pun! It’s the journo in me bursting to get out!
Anyhow onto the products!

I really was a Stila virgin, but I’ve always wanted to try the brand out as I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad review. However where I like to come across products in Boots, Superdrug or in the beauty hall of a department store, Stila never really seem to be, well, anywhere.

The last place I thought I’d find some Stila is in Tk Maxx. But I did. I’m normally useless at finding gems in Tk Maxx, my mum has that gift, but I get weary and irritated. But it was last Thursday evening just after I handed in all my coursework for Semester B and my ‘summer’ had just officially begun (despite the weather) so I was feeling free – cue shopping addiction flare up.

I normally only go to Tk Maxx to accompany my mum, and that’s exactly what I was doing, except this time as I was perusing the beauty section, I noticed, wow I know these brands, Stila, Estee Lauder, Nails Inc (which I also picked up and will post about) and Pixi, and more… I couldn’t believe my eyes, and all for chunks off of the rrp!

I had to think rationally, otherwise I would have probably slightly over done it, so I stuck to two purchases and these were just one of them.

You see, in Tk Maxx they package up beauty items into bundles – and these three Stila products cost £7.99, yes £7.99 for all of them!

I suppose the down side is that you can’t pick and choose which ones you want, but I’m quite happy with the ones I got and for £7.99 I can’t really complain. So in my ‘package’ I got:
-       
Major Lash Mascara
  Convertible Eye Colour in Berry
Silk Shadow Wash in Kitten 

I looked around the internet and the combined rrp for these products is around £38 so I got about £30 off! Absolute bargain! The products are great too, really can’t complain, I would have thought that with them being that cheap, there must be a catch! But so far, there really isn’t.

Above is a look that I did with all three products, along with MAC’s paint pot in Constructivist.

I really really like these products, but I’m not sure I’d buy them full price, I think that a major part of what I like about them is the price I paid.

But the best thing is that I’ve tried Stila. Keeks no longer equals, Stila Virgin. I popped my Stila cherry if you will. Ok, ok I’ll stop it there before I pun myself into oblivion!

Toodles,

Love Keeks xo




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© KeeksReid. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig