Monday 26 March 2012

Mac Studio Fix Fluid.



I got a new foundation, well I got it about a month ago but I wanted to road test it for a while before I wrote about it.

The foundation in question is indeed Mac’s Studio fix fluid. The website says that it offers a medium-buildable coverage and a natural matte finish, I’d definitely agree with both. I love this foundation. Don’t get me wrong, I still love my bareminerals powder foundation, but I really wanted a good liquid foundation, so I had they option for either. I have a Bobbi Brown foundation stick, but I’m not a fan, the formula is too thick and heavy, I don’t love it at all.

I chose studio fix fluid over any of the other Mac foundations because it seemed to provide the finish I look for in a foundation, matte but not rigid and false looking, just easy-wearing.

The colour I was matched to is NW45, and is pretty perfect, it’s ever so slightly darker than my natural skin colour, but it’s more of a glowy kind of darker instead of an unnatural dark, so it kind of enhances my skin. Good times.

I don’t like full coverage, I like my coverage pretty light from day to day, ranging to medium if I’m going out or for occasions, so I know this foundation is going to last me a while because I don’t even use a full pump to achieve the look I want. I pump it on to the back of my hand, dot it around my face, and then buff it in with my Real Techniques buffing brush. Simples.

It doesn’t melt throughout the day either. I do use my Prime Time primer underneath it, to set it, and make sure my skin feels even, but I’m guessing that the fact that the foundation is oil-free, helps.

Overall, I’m really pleased with this foundation and look forward to mixing it with my face cream, as a tinted moisturiser as it gets warmer.

Have a lovely evening, 

Love Keeks xo


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. £19.50. Very reasonable and it looks great! I always thought mac was to 'heavy' but I will go for a makeover and see what they come up with.

    ReplyDelete

© KeeksReid. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig