Monday 20 August 2012

Keeks Bakes - Splat Cake


For ages and ages I’ve wanted to add more lifestyle aspect to my little blog, so I thought, seen as I love baking so much, I’ll start with a bit of cake!

“Splat” cake as I fondly call it, is a basic vanilla sponge, I use the Hummingbird Bakery recipe, but there's loads online (I like this recipe here). Once you’ve made the batter, divide it equally into however many different colours you want in your cake, I wouldn’t recommend more than four, as you don’t want it to be too busy, I chose 3, pink, yellow and green. 


Once you’ve added the food colouring, pour each of them into different piping bags, if you don’t have piping bags, then you can use freezer bags, they work exactly the same, just nip the end off!


Once all that is done, the fun really starts, my niece and I liked doing the ring pattern, but you can do anything, spots, swirls, swiggles, squares… If you want your pattern to really hold, then your colours need to be strong and your patterns need to be big and precise.

Then of course, you can add some fun buttercream icing and sprinkles…



Love Keeks xo


SHARE:

2 comments

© KeeksReid. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig